Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wrong AdSense Publisher Number on Blogger?

I discovered a serious problem with my Adsense Publisher number of my Adsense ads after I switched over to the new blogger blogging platform.

The worse thing I did not realize there was a problem for some time.

Here's what happened:
When you add the Adsense page element to your new blogger blog, at the bottom of the Add Gadget dialogue box, your adsense publisher number is listed at the bottom and it asks you if you want to change your publisher ID.

First, I was careless and did not immediately check that the AdSense Publisher number was right. I just assumed it was. Big mistake.

Once I realized the first mistake and not checking that the right AdSense Publisher number was being served up, I knew I had to change it.

I clicked on the "change publisher ID" option thinking that would easily fix the problem. It did not. Oh boy, time to google.

I did find several instances of this problem but no one quite seemed to have a difinitive answer that worked for everyone. Add to this the fact that Google Adsense support appears to be quite non-existent.

The best answer I found was to try to clear the cache. That did not work for me.

In desperation, I decided to just remove the whole Adsense gadget and try to start over.

That worked! I was so happy (after starting to really get mad).

So double check your Adsense Publisher codes on your new blogger blogs. If they do not match your code listed at the top right hand of your Adsense account, try closing all of your adsense gadgets on your blogger blog and then re-open them and see if that works. If it does not, log into your Adsense account and create a new ad. Copy and paste the html code for the new adsense unit and add a new "html/Javascript) gadget to your blog with the code in it.

Any other suggestions? Please leave comments.


Digg!

No comments: